Learn About the Features and Functions of the Ring App
Welcome to Ring!
The Ring app puts you in control of your home’s security from your smartphone, tablet, or computer. Now that you've downloaded the app, get familiar with the command center for all your Ring products.
The Dashboard is the first screen you'll see when you open the Ring app. It has three main sections:
- The tiles at the top of the screen which can be moved around and organized using the edit tile.
- Images from your security cameras or doorbells, which you can tap to quickly get to Live View.
- A Discover section which highlights new features available to you.
This navigation bar contains four important tools, depending on your setup.
- The menu (≡): This three-lined icon is always in the same place in the upper-left corner of the app. Tapping on it will open a side menu and give you access to the rest of the app's functions.
- Location name: When you first install a Ring device, you'll be asked to place it in a Location. Locations are internal groupings that allow you to sort your Ring devices based on their physical location. If you have Ring devices at different addresses, the Locations option allows you to move easily between each group of cameras.
- Global Snooze: This moon icon will allow you to snooze motion alerts for all of your cameras for a selected amount of time.
- SOS Button: If you have Ring Alarm with professional monitoring1or are enrolled in SOS for cameras, this feature allows you to request medical, fire, or police dispatch during an emergency. Professional monitoring1and SOS for cameras requires a.1
- Ring Alarm Mode: If you have Ring Alarm, an extension to your Utility Bar will display the current mode and allow you to switch between modes.1Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. Viewfor pricing and details.
- Main Tiles: This section contains Camera Preview Tiles for each of your cameras, as well as a Neighbors and Event History tile.
- Neighbors Nearby Incidents: Ring Neighbors expands your security from your home to your neighborhood by letting you easily share up-to-date local crime data and communicate with your neighbors about crime and safety.
- History: This opens an aggregated list of all events for all devices at this location.
- Camera Preview Tiles: These previews let you know at a glance whether something is happening within range of your cameras that needs your attention. Each Preview is labeled with the time since it was taken and which camera took the image.
- Set Up a Device: This is an easy-access tile for setting up a new Ring device.
The main menu
The main menu is where you'll be able to access the Ring app's other functions. To access the menu, tap the menu (≡) in the upper-left hand corner. To return to the main screen, tap Dashboard.
These are the functions that can be accessed from the side menu:
- Locations: Tap the Location name in the upper-left hand corner of the screen to open up the list of Locations. From here, you can choose which Location to view.
- Dashboard: Tap this option to return to the Dashboard.
- Neighbors: This opens your Neighbors feed, detailing all of the up-to-date local crime data in your selected area.
- Devices: This option brings you to a list of each device set up at this location, including Chime devices.
- History: This control takes you to the same History screen you can find on the main Dashboard.
- At the top of the screen, you can choose to view events from your cameras, Alarm1, or lights
- With a Ring Protect Plan, tap on any event listing to view the associated recording.Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. Viewfor pricing and details.
- On the tab for cameras, you can also tap the icons to view all events or only specific event types. These event types include: ring, motion, Live View, and starred.
- Settings: Tapping here takes you to the General and Location Settings.
- Under General Settings, you can change your Location’s name, address, and Ring Alarm Monitoring version.
- Location Settings will allow you to adjust mode settings, Alarm Alerts, Users, and Neighbors Settings. You can also delete the Location from this screen.
- Mode settings include which components are monitored, Sensor chirps, and Entry/Exit delays.
- Alarm Alerts can be customized for both push notifications and email notifications.for pricing and details.
- From the Users screen, you can decide who has access to your devices and how much control they have over your system.
- Through your Neighbors settings, you can adjust alert and post preferences —
- Set Up a Device: Another easily accessible option to begin setting up a new device.
- Account: This control takes you to the Account screen. From here you can change the name, phone number or password of the app's master account.
- In addition to this, you can change two-factor authentication settings from here.
- Control Center:In theyou can manage your account under Account Management, manage Account Verification, manage the phone, tablets and computers authorized to log into your Ring account under Authorized Client Devices, manage Linked Accounts, manage and remove Shared Users, use Video Management to manage your settings and preferences and manage your Email preferences. In addition, you have access to Community Control and Privacy Information in control Center.
- What's New: This is where Ring informs our neighbors about new abilities added to Ring devices or new controls within the Ring app. The New Features page will pop up the first time you open the Ring app after Ring releases a new feature.
- Invite Neighbors: Tapping this option will allow you to share a link to invite your friends, family, and neighbors to the Neighbors app.
- Help: Quickly access external links to Help Center and Community Support.
- Shop Deals:You may need to scroll up to see the latest deals. They're underneath the Help option. Also, underneath Shop Deals, you can see the numeric version of the Ring app that you have.