Checking Device Health in the Ring App
The Device Health tile in your Device control panel contains operational information and how to check the health status of your Ring device(s).
You can check the power source, battery level, product name, and network signal strength among other information. You can also use various tools such as Device Health Report and Test Your Wi-Fi to check the status of your Ring device(s) and wifi speed connection.
How to access Device Health
- Open theRing app.
- Tap themenu (≡)on the top left of yourDashboard.
- Select the device you want to access.
- Tap theDevice Healthtile below the image of the device.
Device Health features
Not all of the following information will appear in every Device Health page, depending on the Ring product(s) you own.
- Power Source:This tells you what power source your device is running on.
- Battery Level:If your device is running on a battery, this percentage lists how much power is left in the battery.
- Solar Status: If you're using a solar panel or solar charger, you'll see if it's connected here.
- Signal Strength:This tells you how strong the wifi signal going to your device is.
- Network Name:This is the name of the wifi network your device is attached to.
- Change network:This tool allows you to change your wifi network.
- You must be near your device and have your wifi password handy.
- Wifi passwords are case sensitive.
- Product Name:The name of your Ring device.
- Last Health Check:This is the last time the information on the screen has been updated in the Ring app.
- Mac Address:The network location of your device. Ring Community Support may ask you for this while troubleshooting. If you ever have to do anything complicated, like assign a static IP to your Floodlight Cam, or open a port in your firewall, you’ll need the Mac Address for that.
- Test Your Wifi:This leads to an online bandwidth test that will let you know the upload and download speeds of your wifi network.
- Troubleshoot Notifications:This will take you to an article detailing how to solve many of the most common problem with your notifications.
- Ring System Status:This control gives you an overview of health of the entire Ring system. In the unlikely event of an operational failure on our end that negatively affects your Ring device, you’ll see the notice. You can also click on theSubscribe for Updatesbutton when you visit status.ring.com.
- Device Health Report:In the case of an issue with your device, this report will open a Help article that can assist you in resolving the issue on your own.