Indoor Cam Troubleshooting
Indoor Cam is a small security camera specifically designed to be used indoors to foster security in your home.
Indoor Cam isn’t working after I plug it in.
- Try another outlet in case the one you’re using may be faulty or associated with a light switch.
- Make sure the micro-USB cord is securely attached to the port.
- Press the reboot button or
Indoor Cam isn’t connecting to wifi.
- Close and reopen your app.
- Make sure your Indoor Cam is powered on.
- If not, try another outlet. The one you’re using may be faulty or associated with a light switch.
- Restart your wifi router and run through the setup process again, making sure to correctly enter your password (wifi passwords are case sensitive).
I’m moving and want to install Indoor Cam at a new location.
- When moving your Indoor Cam to a new location, simply run through the setup and installation process again at the new location.
My Indoor Cam shows it's offline.
Check the following:
- Make sure your Indoor Cam is powered on and all connections are secure (micro-USB plug and outlet).
- If not, try another outlet. The one you’re using could be faulty or associated with a light switch.
- Restart your router and run through the setup process again, making sure to correctly enter your password.
- Check your device's last reported signal strength in the Ring app underDevice Health.
- If your RSSI signal is poor, you may need to move the Indoor Cam closer to your router.
- Consider using a
My Indoor Cam is not recording sound.
Check the following:
- Verify the audio streaming and recording toggle in your app is turned on.
- Make sure your phone’s volume is turned up
- Press the reboot button, then test audio again.
- Unplug your Indoor Cam for twenty seconds, plug it back in, then test the audio again.
- Contact Support if the issue persists.
My Indoor Cam doesn’t detect people at night.
- Make sure your Indoor Cam’s infrared light is toggled on in the Ring app.
- The infrared light control is in your Ring app under Video Settings.
- If your camera is facing a window, you may get distorted images at night.
- Enablein the Ring app to help improve clarity at night.