Troubleshooting Power Issues for Wired Doorbell Plus and Pro (formerly Video Doorbell Pro and Pro 2)
How to troubleshoot the most common causes of insufficient power with your Wired Doorbell Plus or Wired Doorbell Pro.
- Wired Doorbell Plusrequires arated at 16-24 VAC 50/60HZ,10-40VA max.
- Wired Doorbell Prorequires a doorbell transformer rated at 16-24 VAC 50/60HZ,30-40VA max.
The troubleshooting process is the same for both doorbells. Not sure which doorbell you have? Here's how to check in the Ring app.
Symptoms of insufficient power
- Regularly losing connection to your wifi network.
- Freezing up or shutting down during the ringtone sound after a button press.
- Regularly shutting off (the white light on the front will turn off).
- Freezing up during a live event.
- Not correctly ringing your existing internal doorbell.
- Night vision doesn't work.
- Doorbell works fine for a couple of events and then stops working.
How to troubleshoot insufficient power
- If your Wired Doorbell Plus or Wired Doorbell Pro is hooked up to an internal doorbell chime,
- If you have an older version of the Wired Doorbell Plus and are using it with an internal chime,
- The Pro Power Cable (with orange fastening clips) is no longer necessary with newer versions of the Wired Doorbell Plus and Wired Doorbell Pro.
- Make sure your Wired Doorbell Plus or Wired Doorbell Pro is properly hooked up directly to a transformer.
Using a Plug-in Adapter
Wired Doorbell Plus and Wired Doorbell Pro can also be powered by using a Plug-In Adapter.
Wired Doorbell Plus
Wired Doorbell Pro