How to Subscribe to a Ring Protect Plan
Ring Protect is a subscription plan that unlocks premium features for Ring devices. With Ring Protect, your Video Doorbells and Security Cameras can record and save video with video history, for up to 180 days1, so you never miss an important moment. Ring Protect Basic, Plus, and Pro plans also include a Ring Protect discount on select Ring products purchased on Ring.com.
Steps to subscribe
You can subscribe to Ring Protect from your account on Ring.com.
- From a web browser,.
- Go to theProtect Plantab and selectUnsubscribed Devices. You’ll see a list of devices that aren’t covered by a plan.
- SelectSubscribe, then choose a plan and the devices you want coverage for.
- If you selected multiple devices and choose Basic, then the price of Basic will be charged for each device. Ring Protect Plus and Pro cover all devices at a single location for one price.
- Select a monthly or annual payment option.
- Enter your payment information and check out.
- Review your order and select Purchase.
- You will receive a confirmation email for your subscription purchase.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Ring offer different Ring Protect Plans?
Yes. Learn more about the benefits for each plan in the Ring Protect plans page.
How long do my Ring videos stay without a subscription?
Without a subscription, you don’t keep recordings from Ring cameras or doorbells. To keep video recordings (for up to 180 days in the US), subscribe to a Ring Protect plan.
Is Ring professionally monitored?
You can opt in to professional monitoring for your Ring Alarm with a Ring Protect Pro plan. Learn more about Professional Monitoring.
Can you save Ring videos to your computer?
With a Ring Protect subscription, you can download up to 50 videos at once from Ring.com and share them with others. Learn more about video saving and sharing.
How do I update my payment method?
Visit this article for details on updating your payment method.
¹ Your Ring videos in the cloud are stored temporarily, up to 180 days. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting. Check Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information.