Fixing Common Issues with a Floodlight Wired Grouped with Ring Smart Lights
If you're experiencing issues with your Floodlight Wired (Ring Smart Lights), scroll down for fixes to common device issues.
If the Floodlight was triggered, but you didn't get a motion alert:
First, check the device settings in your Ring app.
- If your device is in aGroup, make sure theAlertoption is on for that Group.
- Are the motion sensors enabled for your Floodlight? If not, enable them.
If you're still having issues, check your Ring Bridge.
- If your Bridge isn't working, it may be affecting your Floodlight.
- Check that your Floodlight is close enough to the Bridge to get a proper signal.
- Ensure your Bridge is close enough to your router to get a proper signal.
If signal strength is a consistent issue, it's possible your wifi is experiencing issues. Click here for fixes.
If one or more of your Floodlights is flashing on and off:
- Check your light's connection to wired power.
- Check the area around your light. There may be something triggering its motion sensors.
- Check your motion sensitivity controls in the Ring app. They may be set too high for your layout.
- Ungroup all of the lights with the malfunctioning light in it and see if the problem persists. Another light in the Group may be causing the malfunction.
If a Floodlight is on but isn't responding to the Ring app:
- Check your light's connection to your home's power.
- Check yourAuto Shut Offcontrol in your device controls in the Ring app. It's possible the time was set incorrectly.
- Leave the area for 10 minutes to give the light time to reset, in case your movement is triggering it. Then return and check it again.
If a Floodlight will not turn on at all:
- Check your Floodlight's connection to your home's power.
- Leave the area for 10 minutes to give the light time to reset, in case you're triggering it. Then return and check the light.
- Make sure you're testing the light in darkness.
If a Floodlight is not communicating with other lights it is grouped with:
- Make sure your light is properly set up in the Ring app.
- Make sure your lights are properly set up in aGroup.
- Check for large physical obstructions (walls, appliances, concrete, etc.) between the lights that may be preventing them from communicating with each other. If possible, move the lights closer together or remove the obstructions to improve the signal.
If the motion detection range of your lights seems too small:
Try adjust the motion detection range on the Ring app. Learn more about motion controls.