How To Fix Alarm Base Station Internet Connectivity Issues
Identify and troubleshoot what is causing your Alarm Base Station to have internet connectivity issues.
Reasons your Alarm Base Station could be offline
- Your location's internet may not be working, or your internet service provider is experiencing high traffic.
- You recently changed your wifi network, wifi password, or internet service provider (ISP).
- You moved to a new location.
- Your Ring Alarm Base Station may be too far from your wifi router.
Things to check
- Make sure your Ring Alarm Base Station has your most up-to-date wifi network and password.
- Check other devices around your home to see if they’re connected or disconnected to wifi. If other devices are not working, there may be an outage in your area.
- Reboot your router by unplugging it for 30 seconds, then plugging it back in again.
Things to try
- Join another network by switching your Base Station to the new wifi network.
- Connect your Base Station directly to the router using an ethernet cable.
- As a last resort, you can unregister your Base Station if it is not powering on or is not appearing as online under theDevicestab in the Ring app after other troubleshooting.
- After unregistering your Base Station, remember to followagain to reconnect.
Please note that all Z-Wave devices and Ring Alarm security devices will need to be factory reset before they can be added to a new (unregistered or factory reset) or replacement Base Station.