How to Use Security Camera Light Schedules
This article describes the basic functions of the light schedules feature for the:
- Spotlight Cam (1st Gen), Battery - supports lights off schedule to preserve the battery
- Spotlight Cam (1st Gen), Wired/Mount
- Floodlight Cam
- Floodlight Cam Pro
- Floodlight Cam Plus
In order to ensure that you have the most updated light features, make sure that you have the latest version of the Ring app. If you need to find out how to update your Ring app, you can find out by using this link.
You can use light schedules to:
- Turn lights off
- Turn lights on
- Set dusk-to-dawn schedules
- Create custom schedules for the same time/day of the week
- Be able to determine if you have light schedules that overlap/conflict.
How to Use the Light Schedules Features
You will need to add a light schedule for each Floodlight Cam and Spotlight Cam individually.
Open your Ring app:
- Tap the three lines on the top left.
- Tap the Floodlight Cam or Spotlight Cam that you want to adjust.
- Tap theDevice Scheduletile.
- If you do not see aDevice Scheduletile, refer to instructions at the top of this page to make sure your Ring app is updated.
- TapLight Schedules
- Follow the prompts in the app to schedule times when you want your security camera lights off or on.
- Customize the name of the schedule.
- Set a start and end time like dusk and dawn.
- Select certain days of the week for the light schedule to be active.
- The Ring app will alert you if there is a light scheduling conflict with a previously established schedule for that particular device.
- You’ll have an option to keep the new schedule or change it.
- Save your light schedule.
You can use Smart Lighting light schedules with your Ring Floodlight Cam, Floodlight Cam Wired Pro, Floodlight Cam Plus and Spotlight Cam Battery, wired and mounted versions with your Ring Smart Lighting. However, the security cameras and Smart Lighting need to scheduled individually.