Installing Ring Smart Lighting Floodlight Wired
Setting up your Floodlight Wired in the Ring app is simple.
WARNING: There is always a risk of electrical shock when working with wires. Use extreme caution.
When installing your Floodlight Wired:
- Be sure to disconnect power at the fuse or circuit breaker before installing.
- Verify that the supply voltage is correct.
- Must connect to a 100 VAC 50/60 Hz power source.
- Always properly ground your Floodlight Wired.
- Always follow code standards when installing wired connections.
- Do not install near combustible or flammable surfaces.
- Floodlight Wired must be installed on a 4" round UL-listed weatherproof electrical box.
Before you begin
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge in the Ring app before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring app and the rest of your Ring devices.
- If there is an update available for the Ring app, please update it before you begin. Remind any Shared Users to update their app as well. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
Step 1: Attach the Mounting Bracket.
- With the power turned off at the breaker, attach the ground wire from your home to the ground screw inside your electrical box.
- Screw the mounting bracket into your electrical box using two of the included screws.
- There are several sizes of screw inside Bag A. You may have to experiment with them to find the ones that fit.
Step 2: Secure the Mounting Plate.
- Attach the included adhesive foam gasket to the rear of the mounting plate.
- Pull the wires from your home through the hole in the mounting plate.
- Center the mounting plate over the mounting bracket and secure it with one of the included long screws.
Step 3: Hang your Floodlight.
- Use the provided hook to hang your Floodlight from its mounting plate to make wiring easier.
- Put one end of the hook into one of the mounting holes on your Floodlight, and the other into the slot on the mounting plate.
Step 4: Connect the Power Wires.
- Use an included wire nut to connect the white wire from your Floodlight to the white (neutral) wire coming from your electrical box.
- Connect the black wire from your Floodlight to the black (hot) wire from your electrical box using another wire nut.
Step 5: Mount your Floodlight.
- Slide your Floodlight over the posts on the mounting plate, then secure it with two of the included short screws.
- Once your Floodlight is mounted, feel free to switch power back on at the breaker.
Step 6: Set up your device in the Ring app.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap themenu (☰)on the top left of the Dashboard.
- TapSet Up a Device.
- TapSmart Lighting.
- Select your location.
Step 7: Scan the QR code.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on the rear of your Floodlight Wired. This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Floodlight Wired.
- If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can selectSet Up Without Scanningand enter thefive-digit PIN codeunderneath your device’s QR code to add it.
Step 8: Add your Floodlight Wired to a Light Group.
Select the lights Group you’d like to add. If you’d like to create a new group that is not listed, you can select “Custom…”
Step 9: Name your Floodlight Wired.
Give your Floodlight a specific name to distinguish it from the other Ring devices on your account.