Setting Up Your Ring Smart Lighting Bridge
Set up your Ring Smart Lighting Bridge in the Ring app with this step-by-step guide.
Before you begin:
- If there is an update available for your Ring app, please update it before you begin. Remind any shared users to update their app too. Updating the app ensures that everyone on your account will be able to see this new device.
- Be sure to install and set up your Bridge before installing and setting up your Smart Lights. You will need to have a Ring Bridge installed and set up in order to connect your Smart Lights to the Ring app and the rest of your Ring devices.
1. Select Set Up a Device
- Open the menu by tapping theMenu(≡)on the left side of your Dashboard.
- TapSet Up a Device.
- TapSmart Lighting Bridge.
- Select your location.
2. Scan the QR Code on your Device.
- Turn over the Ring Bridge.
- Use your mobile device to scan the QR code on the bottom of your Ring Bridge.
- This code can also be found on the product packaging of your Ring Bridge.
If your mobile device is not scanning the QR code, you can select Set Up Without Scanning to continue through the setup process.
3. Choose a good location for your Bridge.
Be sure to choose an area with strong wifi.
For the best wireless range, place your Bridge near the area you plan to place your Smart Lighting, ideally by a window.
4. Plug in your Ring Bridge.
Connect your Ring Bridge to a power outlet with the provided power supply.
5. Wait for your Bridge to enter Setup Mode.
After powering on, the blue and green lights on the front of your Bridge will flash together for about one minute. When only the blue light on the front of your Bridge is flashing, tap The Light is Flashing in your Ring app to continue to the next step.
If the light on the front of your Bridge does not start flashing blue, press the setup button on the side of your Bridge for at least five seconds, then release. You will need to use a paper clip or other pointed object to reach the setup button.
6. Connect to your Ring Bridge.
iOS: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step two, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to theSettingsapp, then tapwifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate toConnectionthenwifi.
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- “Ring-” followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- “Ring Setup” followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app.
7. Connect your Ring Bridge to your wifi.
Be sure you have your correct wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Ring Bridge.
- Enter your wifi password and pressContinue.
8. Set up your Ring Smart Lighting.
Now that your Ring Bridge has been set up, you can set up your Ring Smart Lights.
To get started, tap Add a Light in your Ring app and select the device you would like to install. For a step-by-step guide, select the device from the list.
Setup guides for other devices: