Finding Your Internet Upload Speed
Internet Upload Speed is how fast your Ring device sends data (like encrypted Ring videos) to the internet.
This speed test is measured in megabits per second (Mbps) and runs periodically to make sure your Ring device maintains a good internet upload speed.
Viewing your Internet Upload Speed in the Ring app
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap themenu (☰)icon thenDevices.
- Tap the device for which you want view Internet Upload Speed.
- Tap theDevice Healthtile on the Device Dashboard.
- TapInternet Upload Speedunder the Network section.
Viewing your Internet Upload Speed from your account at Ring.com
- at Ring.com.
- Click the settings (gear) icon for the device for which you want to view Transmit Speed.
- In the Device Health section, you can see yourInternet Upload Speed.
Internet Upload Speed results guide
- GOOD: More than 10 Mbps
- OKAY: 5–10 Mbps
- POOR: Less than 5 Mbps
- NO DATA: No results yet
Keep in mind, your Internet Upload Speed is also affected by upload activity from other devices on your local network, such as additional Ring cameras, phones, laptops, tablets, and gaming consoles.
If your Internet Upload Speed is poor, we recommend contacting your Internet Service Provider to upgrade your internet plan or troubleshoot your low upload speed.