Physically Installing Ring Plug-in Adapter to Wired Doorbell Plus (formerly Video Doorbell Pro)
The Plug-In Adapter should be used where there is no existing doorbell system or the existing system is unusable.
Installing your Plug-In Adapter
1. Choose an outlet.
- Select a power outlet near the door where you plan to install your Ring Wired Doorbell Plus.
- Don't plug the power adapter in yet!
2. Run the cable.
- Run the cable down from the outlet to your molding and then choose a path to your Wired Doorbell Plus.
- Secure the cable to the wall with the provided cable clips.
- The cable can be run through your walls, or through a door or window if desired.
- Always be careful of existing electrical wiring and pipes when drilling through walls.
3. Attach the wires.
- Attach the power cables to the terminals on the rear of your Ring Wired Doorbell Plus.
4. Install and set up your Ring Wired Doorbell Plus.
5. Set "Doorbell Type" to "None" in the Ring app.
- In the Ring app, select your Ring Wired Doorbell Plus, then tap the gear icon and selectDoorbell Kit Settings.
- SelectNoneandSaveyour settings.
- Do not skip this step or your Ring Doorbell may be damaged.
6. Plug in the Power Adapter.
- The front light on your Ring Video Doorbell should illuminate to indicate that it's powered properly.
- If your Ring Doorbell has never been set up, the front light will blink, indicating that your Ring has enteredSetup Mode.
7. Test your Ring Doorbell.
- Push the button on the front of your Ring Doorbell to try it out.