Setting Up Floodlight Cam (1st Gen) in the Ring App
Use this guide to set up your Ring Floodlight Cam security camera in the Ring app.
Note: If you get an error message that says your device was previously owned, try the procedure for manual install to set up your device.
Download the Ring app
- Or go to ring.com/app.
- Search for “Ring.”
- Install the Ring app.
Log in or create a new account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to create an account. If you already have an account, simply log in.
- Open the Ring app.
- TapCreate Account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account.
Set up your device
Tap Set Up a Device > Security Cameras.
Scan the QR code on your Ring device
You can scan the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging via the Ring app.
- Go to the menu (≡).
- TapSet up a Device»Security Cameras.
- Point your phone camera at the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
Specify your location
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will be asked to share your phone’s location to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to see your location will help you enter your address.
Enter your address information, then confirm it.
If you set up a location before, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Floodlight Cam will not work properly.
Follow the physical installation steps in the Ring app
Follow the steps in the Ring app to physically install your Floodlight Cam.
Put your Floodlight Cam in setup mode
Hold-and-release the button on top of your Floodlight Cam. When the light starts blinking white, tap Continue in the Ring app.
Connect to your Ring device
iOS: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step four, please follow the steps below.
- Tap the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Go to theSettingsapp, then tapwifi.
- On Android, you may need to go toConnectionthen wifi.
- Select the Ring wifii network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as one of the following.
- Ring-followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Ring Setupfollowed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close yourSettingsand return to the Ring app.
Connect your Floodlight Cam to wifi
Have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you have installed your Floodlight Cam.
- Enter your wifi password and tapContinue.
Note: After connecting to your wifi network, your Floodlight Cam may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light on the bottom of your device will flash white. When the white light stops flashing, you can tap Continue in the Ring app and begin using your Floodlight Cam.
Test your device
Once your Floodlight Cam has completed its update and setup, configure your camera's motion zones, then open Live View to test your camera.