Setting Up Your Stick Up Cam (3rd Gen), Plug-In in the Ring App
Setting up your Stick Up Cam (3rd Gen), Plug-In in the Ring app is simple.
Plug in the Stick Up Cam, Plug-in.
Connect the included indoor/outdoor power cord to the Stick Up Cam and then connect it to a standard power outlet.
Download the Ring app
- Search forRing.
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
Or visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
Create or Log in to your account.
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
- Open the Ring app.
- SelectCreate Account.
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Set up your device in the Ring app.
- TapSet Up a Device.
- SelectSecurity Cams.
Scan the QR code on your Ring device.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap themenu (≡)on the left side of your Dashboard.
- TapSet up a Deviceand selectSecurity Cameras.
- TapI’m Ready to Scan.
- Point your smartphone’s camera at theQR codeon your Ring device or product packaging.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
Choose where to install your Stick Up Cam.
- Select eitherIndoorsorOutdoorsbased on where you plan to install your Stick Up Cam.
- If you choseIndoors,select whether or not your Stick Up Cam will be facing a window.
Connect to your Ring Device.
- iOS: TapJoinwhen the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
- Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step five, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to theSettingsapp, then tapwifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate to “Connection” thenwifi.
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- Ring-followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Ring Setupfollowed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close yourSettingsapp and return to the Ring app.
Connect your Stick Up Cam, Plug-in to your wifi.
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Stick Up Cam.
- Enter your wifi password and pressContinue.