How to Set Up Video Doorbell 3 Plus in the Ring App
Ready to set up Video Doorbell 3 Plus? Here are a few tips.
Charge the provided battery.
Fully charge the provided battery by plugging it into a USB port using the provided orange cable. The battery is fully charged when only the green LED is lit.
Insert the battery.
Remove the battery from its charging place. Make sure that the faceplate has been taken off your Ring Video Doorbell 3.
Insert the battery with the flat metal catch facing the front of the doorbell. The largest portion of this catch should be on the bottom.
When you have inserted the battery properly, you should hear a ‘click.’ This means the battery is properly secured.
Download the Ring app.
- Search forRing.
- Download and install theRing appon your mobile device.
Or visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
Create or log in to your account.
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
- Open theRing app.
- SelectCreate Account.
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Set up your device in the Ring app.
Tap Set Up a Device then select Doorbells.
Scan the QR code on your Ring device in the Ring app.
- Open the Ring app.
- Tap themenu(≡)on the left side of your Dashboard.
- TapSet up a Deviceand selectDoorbells.
- TapI’m Ready to Scan.
- Point your smartphone’s camera at the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging. If you don’t see the QR code, please remove your video doorbell’s faceplate.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
Put your Video Doorbell 3 Plus into Setup Mode.
Press and release the small black button on the front of your Video Doorbell 3 Plus. When there is a spinning white light on the front of your Video Doorbell, tap the “Continue” button in your Ring app.
Connect to your Ring Device.
The Ring wifi network is a temporary access point that you join briefly during the setup of a Ring device. After you connect to the temporary Ring wifi network, you will connect to your own home wifi network. Then, you are no longer connected to the Ring network. Your smartphone may generate a message that says "no internet connection" or similar verbiage in the settings. This is not a cause for concern. You can safely join the temporary Ring wifi network access point and complete your setup.
- iOS: TapJoinwhen the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
- Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step six, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to theSettingsapp, then tapWifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate toConnectionthenWifi.
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- “Ring-” followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- “Ring Setup” followed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close your “Settings” app and return to the Ring app
Connect your Video Doorbell 3 Plus to your wifi.
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus.
- Enter your wifi password and press “Continue.”
Please do not attempt to ring the doorbell at this time, as it will further delay the update.