Ring Smart Solar Pathlight Information
Ring Smart Lighting Solar Pathlights are part of Ring’s Smart Lighting line of products. They strengthen your security while illuminating your home and property with the power of the Sun. Use Smart Lighting Solar Pathlights to protect your home without worrying about power problems.
This article answers common questions about Ring’s Smart Lighting Solar Pathlights.
What are Smart Lighting Solar Pathlights?
Smart Lighting Solar Pathlights are part of the Ring Smart Lighting series of products. They’re an economical way to make your home more beautiful and secure by lighting up your property and keeping it safe day or night. The difference is that Smart Lighting Solar Pathlights use solar power to bring down the cost and maintenance needed to keep your security system in top shape.
What other Ring Smart Lighting products are available?
- Ring Bridge:The central connection point for all Ring Smart Lighting products. Enables smart lighting control from anywhere, using the Ring app. Lets Ring Smart Lighting products interact with other Ring products for enhanced security.
- Ring Steplight:Compact motion-sensing smart lights that are perfect for illuminating stairways, decks, and other walkways. They're also battery-powered for easy no-wiring installation.
- Ring Smart Lighting Solar Steplight:These are compact motion-sensing smart lights that are perfect for illuminating stairways, decks and other walkways. Powered by the Sun, they need no wiring for easy installation.
- Ring Spotlight:Bright motion-sensing smart spotlight with a single-beam. Battery-powered for easy no-wiring installation in hard to reach places such as trees and dark corners. Illuminates key areas with ease.
- Ring Floodlight Battery:Bright motion-sensing smart dual-head floodlight. Battery-powered for easy no-wiring installation. Illuminates large areas with powerful adjustable lights and a positionable motion sensor.
- Ring Smart Lighting Solar Floodlight:An ultra-bright motion-sensing smart dual-head floodlight that illuminates large areas with powerful adjustable lights.
- Ring Floodlight Wired:Ultra-bright motion-sensing smart dual-head floodlight. Hardwired into house power. Illuminates large areas with powerful adjustable lights.
- Ring Motion Sensor:Stand-alone motion sensor lets you monitor for motion and trigger lights, doorbells, and cameras. Battery-powered for easy no-wiring installation.
- Ring Transformer:Smart power supply for low-voltage wired landscape lights. Plugs into a standard GFCI power outlet. Adds smart features to existing compatible lights for fully integrated lighting designs places like pathways, driveways, and flower beds.
What is the Ring Bridge? Do I need to purchase one to use my Solar Pathlights?
Yes. As with other Ring Smart Lighting products, Ring Smart Lighting Solar products require a Ring Bridge to be tied into your Ring system. The Bridge connects to the Ring app using your home Wi-Fi network and connects to other Ring Smart Lighting products using a proprietary long-range communication protocol.
Without the Ring Bridge, your Pathlights function only as standard motion-sensing lights. With a Bridge, you can control whole groups of lights at once and be notified via the Ring app when any light or Motion Sensor senses movement.
In addition, you can use your Ring app to create Groups of Smart Lights and Ring cameras that work together to enhance security. For example, if you’re subscribed to Ring Protect, your Ring Doorbell can begin recording video as soon as motion is detected by your Pathlights near the curb. This provides footage that captures motion events earlier.
Do I need a Ring Protect subscription to use Ring Smart Solar Pathlights?
No. Ring Pathlights provide smart controls functionality with or without a Ring Protect subscription. Ring Protect is required to enable video recording for any Security Camera you plan to link to Ring Smart Lights.
What type of lighting elements are used in Ring Smart Solar Pathlights?
Ring Smart Solar Pathlights feature high-efficiency LED lights.
How long do the lighting elements last in Ring Pathlights?
LEDs will last for tens of thousands of hours (on the order of 20 years) before burning out.
Do Ring Smart Solar Pathlights work with Alexa?
Yes, Ring Smart Solar Pathlights products work with select Alexa-enabled devices. You can turn on and off lights or groups of lights, use Smart Solar Pathlights as Alexa Routines triggers, and adjust settings like brightness, and manage alerts.
How are the Ring Smart Lighting Solar Pathlights powered?
- Rechargeable 3.7V 18650 button top Li-ion battery (included)
- Charge with the integrated 0.5W solar panel or Micro USB charging cable (included)
- Place in direct sunlight to recharge and store power.
Note: Battery life is dependent on device settings, usage, hours of sunlight per day, and other factors.
Can Ring Smart Solar Pathlights be set to activate during the day?
Yes. If desired, you can change settings in the Ring app to let motion trigger your lights in the daytime, however this will impact the battery life of the product and is not recommended.
Can Ring Smart Solar Pathlights be set to automatically light up at night?
Yes. The Ring app has a Scheduler feature that will have the lights glow softly when the sun goes down and turn off when it comes back up. The Scheduler can also be set to turn the lights on and off at other times.
What comes in the Pathlights box?
Each Pathlight package contains:
- Ring Smart Lighting Solar Pathlight.
- Instruction manual.
- Ring Security sticker.
- Charging Cable
- 3.7V 18650 Lithium Battery
Are the Smart Solar Pathlight weather resistant?
Yes, the Ring Smart Lighting Solar Pathlight are dust and waterproof to the IP66 standard and made of UV resistant materials. They are designed to be used outdoors.
How many Smart Solar Pathlights and other Smart Lights can I connect to the Ring Bridge?
The Ring Bridge can support up to 50 Smart Lighting devices. These devices can all be in one Group or multiple Groups.
How do I setup and install my Smart Solar Pathlights?
Is the manual available to download?
How fast does my wifi need to be to properly use Ring Pathlights?
We suggest your wifi should be at least 1MB upload and download speed.