Installing Video Doorbell (1st Gen) for Wired Use
How to install your Ring Video Doorbell (1st Gen):
1. Align the Mounting Bracket.
To properly line up the mounting bracket:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the mounting bracket.
- Place the mounting bracket next to your door at about chest height.
- Level the mounting bracket using the level tool.
- Mark the positions of the mounting holes with a pencil.
2. Drill Holes (Optional: Drill guide holes to mark the position of the mounting holes).
- If you are mounting the bracket on brick, concrete, or stucco, secure the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to secure the anchors.
- If you are mounting the bracket on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
3. Place your Ring Video Doorbell on the Mounting Bracket.
Don't be afraid to use a little force.
4. Tighten the Security Screws.
There is a tool included in your box that can be used to tighten the security screws.