Using Automated Calls with Flood and Freeze Sensor
If you have Professional Monitoring¹ through a Ring Protect Pro subscription, you can choose to have your emergency contacts called whenever freezing temperatures or water is detected by your Flood & Freeze Sensor. When these events occur, your primary contact will receive an automated call from the monitoring center. If the primary contact doesn't answer the phone, the second emergency contact will receive an automated call.
Activating Professional Monitoring¹ for your Flood & Freeze Sensor
- From the dashboard, open themenu(≡).
- TapAlarm Base Station.
- Select aFlood & Freeze Sensor.If you have more than one, you need to adjust these settings individually for each Flood & Freeze sensor you own your Ring Alarm.
- Tap theMonitoring Settingstile, and use the toggles to turn on and off the automated calls for both water and low temperature detection options.
We know that if there is water or cold temperatures detected at your location, it may trigger the Flood & Freeze Sensor repeatedly. We’ve added the ability to snooze these alerts* so you can deal with any detected issues without getting distracted by repeated alerts.
When the sensor detects low temperature or water, the app will show an alert message. You will have two options:
- Dismiss.The alert will show again the next time water or low temperature is detected and the Base Station will announce the alert.
- Snooze. This will allow you to pause a specific alert on a specific sensor for a specified amount of time.For example, if a neighbor decides to snooze the water alert on their Basement Flood & Freeze Sensor for 4 hours they will not get water detection alerts in the app or push notifications* for the next 4 hours, but they will still get low temperature alerts if detected. They will also get water alerts on their Laundry Room Flood & Freeze Sensor, because that sensor has not been snoozed.
You can snooze the alert for 4, 8, 12 or 24 hours.
If you snooze an alert, the pulsing blue LED light on the Ring Alarm Base Station will stop flashing. The spoken alert may repeat once each time the sensor detects water or low temperature again.
Ending Snoozed Alerts. When an alert is snoozed, you will no longer see the alert on the Ring app dashboard. You can tap on the menu (≡), tap Devices, and tap on the specific Flood & Freeze Sensor that is snoozed. Tapping on the “snooze” icon on the device details page will open a pop up that allows you to tap the End Snooze button.
*Ring Alarm and all Ring Alarm accessories require a subscription for digital notifications, in-app features, digital arming/disarming, and integration with other Ring, Echo, and third party products. Subscription sold separately. View ring.com/protect-plans for pricing and details.