Setting Up Stick Up Cam Battery (2nd Gen) in the Ring App
Setting up your Stick Up Cam (2nd Gen), Battery in the Ring app is simple. Simply scroll down for a step-by-step guide.
1. Charge the provided battery.
Fully charge the provided battery by plugging it into a USB port using the provided orange cable.
The battery is fully charged when only the green LED is lit.
2. Download the Ring app.
To download the Ring app:
- Search forRing.
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
Or visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
3. Create or log in to your account.
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
To set up an account:
- Open the Ring app.
- SelectCreate Account.
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
4. Tap 'Set Up a Device'.
Tap Set Up a Device then select Security Cams.
5. Scan the QR code on your Ring device.
You can scan the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging via the Ring app.
- Tap thethree lines (≡)on the left side of your Dashboard in theRing app.
- TapSet up a Deviceand selectSecurity Cameras.
- TapI’m Ready to Scan.
- Point your smartphone’s camera at the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
If you experience issues scanning the QR code, please follow these steps:
- Move your camera closer or further from the QR code to help it focus.
- Once your camera finds focus, hold it steady for a few seconds.
- If your camera won’t focus, clean your camera lens, move to a well-lit area, and try again.
If you continue to experience issues, please follow these additional steps:
- TapOther Optionsbelow the scanner.
- SelectCan’t Scan the QR code.
- Confirm by selectingEnter code manually(this corresponds to PIN code digits underneath the QR code).
- Find your device in the list.
- Enter your five digit PIN which can be found below the QR code.
6. Specify your location.
If this is your first time setting up a Ring device, you will receive a request from your phone informing you that the Ring app wishes to use your phone’s location services to pinpoint your location. Allowing the app to do so will assist with inputting your address.
Enter your address information into the app, then confirm it.
If you have established a location previously, you can select it from the list of your locations.
Note: Without a specific location, certain features of your Stick Up Cam will not work properly.
7. Choose where your Stick Up Cam will be installed.
Select either Indoors or Outdoors based on where you plan to install your Stick Up Cam.
If you chose Indoors, select whether or not your Stick Up Cam will be facing a window.
8. Name your device.
Select a specific name for your Stick Up Cam Battery to distinguish it from other Ring devices on your account. You can choose one of the default names that are suggested, or you can enter your own by selecting Custom… at the bottom of the list.
9. Insert the battery.
Insert the battery with the flat metal catch facing the back of your Stick Up Cam. The largest portion of this catch should be on the bottom.
When you have inserted the battery properly, you should hear a ‘click'. This means the battery is properly secured.
Wait 30 seconds for your Stick Up Cam to power on.
10. Wait for your Stick Up Cam to enter Setup Mode.
Your Stick Up Cam will enter Setup mode after inserting the battery. When the light on the front of your Stick Up Cam begins flashing blue, tap The Light is Flashing in your Ring app to continue to the next step.
If your Stick Up Cam does not go into Setup mode automatically after powering on, press and release the small orange button under the battery cover.
11. Connect to your Ring device.
iOS: Tap Join when the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step five, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to theSettingsapp, then tapwifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate toConnectionthenwifi.
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- Ring-followed by the last six digits of the MAC ID.
- Ring Setupfollowed by the last two digits of the MAC ID.
- Once connected, close yourSettingsapp and return to the Ring app.
12. Connect your Stick Up Cam Battery to your wifi.
Be sure you’re near your router and have your wifi password ready.
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Stick Up Cam.
- Enter your wifi password and pressContinue.
Note: After connecting to your wifi network, your Stick Up Cam may update its internal software. While performing an update, the light on the front of your device will flash blue. When the blue light stops flashing, you can tap Continue in the Ring app and begin using your Stick Up Cam.
13. Test your device.
Once your Stick Up Cam has completed its update and setup, configure your Stick Up Cam’s motion zones, then open Live View to test your camera.