Physically Installing Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus Without an Existing Doorbell
Physically installing your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus without an existing doorbell is a simple process.
1. Charge the provided battery.
- Fully charge the battery by plugging it into a power source using the provided orange cable.
- The small light on top will glow green when fully charged.
- Insert the battery into the bottom of your Ring Doorbell 3 Plus until it clicks into place.
Please charge the battery completely before setting up your device.
2. Line up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus.
To properly line up your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus:
- Click the level tool (included in the box) into the small hole on the front of the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus below the camera.
- Place the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus next to your door at about 48 inches from the ground.
- Level the device using the level tool.
- Mark the positions for mounting holes with a pencil.
3. Drill Holes.
Optional: Use a drill to drill holes where you marked the position of the mounting holes.
- If you are mounting the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus on brick, concrete, or stucco, put the included plastic anchors into the holes. You may need to use a hammer to secure the anchors.
- If you are using the included optional adapter mounting plate on wood or vinyl, just use the included screws.
4. Place your Ring Video Doorbell 3 Plus over the holes.
Don't forget to remove the level tool from the front of the device.
5. Screw in the Ring Doorbell 3 Plus.
Feed all the wires (and the wire nuts if you used them) into your wall and secure your Ring Doorbell 3 Plus on the wall. Be sure you use all four included screws.
6. Install the Faceplate.
Place one of the provided faceplates on your doorbell by slotting it in at the top and clicking it into place.
7. Tighten the Security Screw.
Use one of the provided security screws and the star-shaped end of the screwdriver bit to secure the faceplate.