Ring Protect Plus (1st Gen) Information
If you were a Ring Protect Plus subscriber on September 28, 2021, your subscription is now called **Ring Protect Plus (1st Gen)**¹.
Your subscription costs the same, and you get to keep the benefits you had with Ring Protect Plus. To see if you’re eligible for Protect Plus (1st Gen), log in to your Ring account and go to the Protect Plan section.
Ring Protect Plus (1st Gen) subscription features
- 24/7 Professional Monitoring for Ring Alarm
- Alarm Cellular Backup
- Duress code for Ring Alarm
- Video history for up to 180 days (in the U.S.)²
- Video saving and sharing
- Snapshot capture for up to 7 days
- Download up to 50 videos at once at Ring.com
- Extended warranties for all Ring devices³
- 10% off select Ring products ⁴
You will also get these features at no additional cost:
- Motion-activated notifications
- Real-time video with Live View
- Two-Way Talk
Eligibility for Protect Plus (1st Gen)
- If you were an active Protect Plus subscriber on September 28, 2021, you are eligible for Protect Plus (1st Gen).
- If you are a Lennar homeowner, you are eligible for Protect Plus (1st Gen).
If you don’t meet the above criteria, you are not eligible for Protect Plus (1st Gen). You can still purchase a Protect Pro subscription to get Professional Monitoring, 24/7 backup internet and other features.
Try a Protect Trial when you set up an eligible device on your Ring app. Learn more about Ring Protect subscription plans.
¹You’ll continue to have access to Ring Protect Plus (1st Gen) until your next subscription renewal after January 1, 2025, after which you’ll be automatically migrated to the Ring Protect Pro Plan. Ring reserves the right to change this offer, our subscription plans, or pricing for our services or any components, at any time, effective as of the beginning of your next billing period.
²Your Ring videos stored in the cloud are stored temporarily, up to 180 days. Changing your video storage time will only affect videos that are recorded after you adjust your storage time setting. Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information about your plan's retention period.
³Extended warranty coverage applies to eligible Ring devices, provided you subscribe to Ring Protect Plus during the original warranty period, until you discontinue your subscription. Non-Ring and other third-party devices are not eligible for the extended warranty. Read more about our warranty.
⁴Terms and conditions apply. See Ring Protect Subscription Plans for more information. Amazon discount requires linking your Ring and Amazon accounts.