Setting Up Wired Doorbell Pro (formerly Video Doorbell Pro 2) in the Ring App
Setting up Ring Wired Doorbell Pro in the Ring app is simple.
Download the Ring app
- Search forRing.
- Download and install the Ring app on your mobile device.
Or, visit ring.com/app on your mobile device.
Create or Log in to your Ring account
If this is your first Ring product, you will be asked to set up an account.
- Open the Ring app.
- SelectCreate Account.
- Follow the in-app instructions to create a new account.
If you already have another Ring device installed, simply open the Ring app.
Set up your device in the Ring app
- Open the Ring app and tap themenu(≡).
- Tap “Set Up a Device”, then selectDoorbells.
Scan the QR code on your Ring device.
You can scan the QR code on your Ring device or product packaging via the Ring app.
- Tap themenu(≡)on the left side of your Dashboard in theRing app.
- TapSet up a Deviceand selectDoorbells.
- TapI’m Ready to Scan.
- Center the code in the phone camera’s view at the bottom half of the screen.
- When the code is recognized, a green square will appear and a pop-up with your device image detected.
Connect to your Ring Device
- iOS: TapJoinwhen the Ring app asks to join the Ring wifi network.
- Android: Your device should automatically connect to the Ring wifi network.
If your device does not automatically connect to the Ring wifi network, or if you chose to continue without scanning in step six, please follow the steps below:
- Press the home button on your phone to leave the Ring app.
- Navigate to yourSettingsapp, then tapWifi.
- On Android, you may need to navigate toConnectionthenWifi.
- Select the Ring wifi network from the list of available networks. The network will appear as either:
- Ring-followed by the last six digits of the MAC address.
- Ring Setupfollowed by the last two digits of the MAC address.
- Once connected, close yourSettingsapp and return to the Ring app.
The Ring wifi network is a temporary network used for device set up. Once you are connected to your home wifi network, you will no longer be connected to the Ring network.
Connect your Ring Wired Doorbell Pro to your wifi network.
Be sure you have your wifi password ready. Then:
- Select your wifi network.
- If you have more than one wifi network, select the network closest to where you will be installing your Ring Wired Doorbell Pro.
- Enter your wifi password and tapContinue.